Delivery and Returns
My Account Details
Prices & Payment Options
Overseas Telephone 0044 16977 41444
For debit/credit card orders we are here Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, Saturdays and bank holiday Mondays 9am-5pm, or use our answerphone service late evenings and on a Sunday. Your card account will not be debited until your goods are despatched.
or by post
Complete your catalogue order form with your card details or cheque made payable to Country Collection and return using the freepost envelope provided. For orders outside the UK please address your envelope to Country Collection, Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1TN, UK.
here at countrycollection.co.uk
Royal Mail tracked 48 – delivery arrives in 2-3 working days. £5.50
Royal Mail tracked 24 – orders placed by 2pm Monday-Friday will be sent out the same day on a first class service, arriving in 1-2 working days. £8.50
Royal Mail special delivery guaranteed – orders placed by 2pm Monday-Friday will be sent out the same day special delivery, guaranteed to arrive with you the next working day by 1pm (excludes bank holidays). This service will require a signature on delivery. £10.00
Royal Mail local collect – delivery arrives in 2-3 working days. Select your local post office collection point to pick up at your convenience. £5.50
Royal Mail overseas – delivery arrives in 7-10 working days. £20.95
EU (countries serviced by Royal Mail delivery duty paid only)
ROW (additional tax and duties levied on import may be payable on receipt. Please note these charges are the responsibility of the customer).
Overseas customers wishing to purchase non clothing products should call prior to placing their order for delivery charges.
Postage charges cover the cost of despatching goods to you and insure you against any deliveries or returns lost in transit.
UK orders only please include an additional £3.50 per product for any products displaying the heavy item surcharge symbol.
Tracked UK delivery – all orders are shipped on a trackable service. You may track your parcel using the Royal Mail tracking service once shipped. You will receive your tracking number via a text message or email (providing you have supplied us with contact details).
If for any reason your order is not in stock, we will contact you to advise when you can expect to receive your purchase.
Gift Wrapping – We offer a gift-wrapping service. Add a special touch for a loved one and add Gift Wrap to your order for only £2.50. Add at checkout or for more information, please contact our customer services department on 0330 024 1940.
Returning your purchase couldn’t be easier. We enclose a FREEPOST RETURN LABEL with all UK orders. Simply affix the label to your parcel and hand in at any post office.
Royal Mail offer a parcel pick-up from home service for
any of your returns should you be unable to visit the post office. For more
information on how to take advantage of the service please visit send.royalmail.com/collect/youritems
where you can arrange for your parcel to be collected at a convenient time
If at any time during its lifetime, an issue arises with
the quality of the product please return it to us for an exchange or immediate
refund in full (UK only).
Due to their considerable weight some items in the home and Gift catalogue carry a postage surcharge. Please add £3.50 to your postage and packing fee when ordering an item displaying the above symbol.
For deliveries to the UK the charge covers the cost of despatching goods to you and insures you against any deliveries or returns lost in transit. All overseas orders are despatched by airmail. Local duties may be payable on receipt.
There are occasionally discrepancies, but the stock levels are correct to the best of our knowledge. If you order something that is out of stock, we will inform you by email or phone. Goods are reserved on a first come, first served basis.
To ask our Customer Service staff about availability you can also call
0330 024 1940
Saturday and Bank Holidays Monday 9:00am-5:00pm.
Answer phone service late evenings and on Sundays
Update your details click here or contact our Customer Services team
UK Telephone 0330 024 1940
Overseas Telephone 00 44 16977 41444
forgotten password or login Click here
Measure around the fullest part of the bust, keeping the tape parallel to the foor.
Measure around the waist at the narrowest point.
Measure around the fullest part of the hips, Approximately 20cm (8 inches) down from the waist.
Measure from the shoulder and down the arm, to the wrist.
Measure the inside leg from the crotch to the ankle bone. Or measure the inseam of trousers that fit you well.
Jackets, coats and dresses are measured from nape of the neck to the hem. Skirt lengths are measured from below the waistband to the hem.
Size and Fit
Our garments are generously cut and most skirts and trousers feature waist elastication for comfort. All garment lengths quoted are approximate. Please refer to our size chart below to ensure you choose the best fit for you.
|To Fit Bust (inches)||32-34||34-36||36-38||38-40||40-42||42-44||44-46||46-48||48-50|
|To Fit Bust (cm)||81-86||86-91||91-96||96-101||101-106||106-111||111-116||116-122||122-127|
|To Fit Waist (inches)||23-25||25-27||27-29||29-31||31-33||33-35||35-37||37-39||39-41|
|To Fit Waist (cm)||59-64||64-69||69-74||74-79||79-84||84-89||89-94||94-99||99-104|
|To Fit Hips (inches)||33-35||35-37||37-39||39-41||41-43||43-45||45-47||47-49||49-51|
|To Fit Hips (cm)||84-89||89-94||94-99||99-104||104-109||109-114||114-119||119-125||125-130|
Skirts and trouser lengths are available as specified in the product details. If you wish to have trousers or skirts at exactly the length you choose we are able to offer an alteration service. Please specify in the comments box when ordering. Add £6 for trousers and £8 for skirts. Please note it is not possible to alter all-round knife pleated skirts and Kilts.
Measure around the base of your neck
Measure around the fullest part of the chest, keeping the tape parallel to the foor.
Measure around the waist at the narrowest point.
Measure from the shoulder and down the arm, to the wrist.
If your length falls between two sizes we suggest you choose the longer.
Measure the inside leg from the crotch to the ankle bone. Or measure the inseam of trousers that fit you well.
Please refer to our size charts to ensure you choose the best fit for you.
|Cotton/Wool mix & Brushed Cotton Shirts Shirt sizes cut to traditional fit (1 inch = 2.54cm)|
|Collar Size||Chest to fit up to||Sleeve length|
Single & Double Cuff Shirts Shirt sizes cut to traditional fit (1 inch = 2.54cm)
|Collar Size||Chest to fit up to||Sleeve length|
|Casual shirt sizes cut to a traditional fit (1 inch = 2.54cm)|
|To fit collar (inches)||15 - 16||16 - 17||17 - 17½||17½ - 18|
|To fit chest (inches)||Up to 41||42 - 45||46 - 49||50 - 57|
|To fit waist sizes (inches)||Up to 38||Up to 42||Up to 47||Up to 55|
|To fit sleeve sizes (inches)||Regular||33||34||35||36|
|Other sized items|
|To fit chest (inches)||34 - 36||38 - 40||42 - 44||46 - 48||50 - 52|
|To fit waist (inches)||30 - 32||34 - 36||38 - 40||42 - 44||46 - 48|
|Chest||Sleeve and Length|
|Men's Hat and Cap Size Chart|
|Take measurements in centimetres around the head, one quarter of an inch above the top of the ears|
|Head Size (cm)||56||57||58||59||60||61||62|
|Hat Size||6 7/8||7||7 1/8||7 1/4||7 3/8||7½||7 5/8|
Swatches are available of our designs. So if you would like a particular swatch before ordering - please just telephone us.
0330 024 1940
We offer the following services on selected items. If you wish to take advantage of any of these services, please call our Customer Service staff on 0330 024 1940 who will be happy to deal with your request.
Pockets on men's shirts
Where not already standard it is possible to fit pockets to shirts for an extra £6 charge, unless stated in product details. When requested a left breast pocket will be fitted unless you state otherwise.
We offer four standard lengths 29", 31",33" and 35". If you wish for a specific length below 35", there will be an extra charge of £6.
Lengths of garments are available as specified in the product detail. We also offer an alteration service if you wish to have trousers or skirts at exactly the right length you choose. The charge is an additional £6 for trousers and £8 for skirts.
Men's trouser shortening
Ladies skirts and trousers
Please note it is not possible to alter all-round knife pleated skirts.
To change or cancel your order please contact our Customer Services Team on 0330 024 1940
VAT of 20% is included in the price. VAT is not included in orders placed from Channel Islands and Overseas Customers.
Gift Vouchers Contact Customer Services on Telephone 0330 024 1940 to request a gift Voucher.
Founded in Cumbria in 1911, our company started by supplying country people with exceptional value clothing. In the late 80's we went national and now offer distinctive clothes by mail to customers worldwide. Country Collection specialises in a range of distinctive clothing designed to coordinate with your existing wardrobe. We provide garments for comfort and leisure as well as tailored outfitting for more formal occasions.
Today our own merchandise team designs the garments, and many of the fabrics. They carefully select the threads and prints to create a collection of distinctive clothing. Only when they are completely happy with the designs are the garments made up in small quantities, by specialist manufacturers, - making them more desirable and exclusive.
To maintain very high quality standards, our technical team constantly monitor suppliers. It is because we set such high standards that we offer a unique guarantee - it has no time limit. If you are unhappy with your purchase in any way at any time we will exchange or give you a refund in full.
Customer Service Manager
www.countrycollection.co.uk is a site operated by Country Collection ("we" or "Country Collection"), which is a business of WCF Ltd. WCF Ltd is registered in England and Wales under company number 2263148 and has its registered office and main trading address at Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria CA8 1TN. Our group VAT number is 442 8145 56.
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Use of our site is restricted to customers aged 18 or over.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Dated: July 2012
The terms and conditions ("Terms") on which we sell the products available on our site ("Products") to you are as follows:
1. These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you ("Contract"). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms.
2. You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
3. We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in paragraph 15 below. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated on the date set out above.
4. These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
5. To contact us, please see our Contact Us page.
6. The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
7. We recommend you use our Size Guide before selecting any Products with different sizes.
8. All Products shown on our site are subject to availability. We will inform you by telephone or email as soon as possible if the Product you have ordered is not available and we will not process your order if made.
How We Use Your Personal Information
How the Contract is Formed Between You and Us
10. To place an order on our site, you will need to take the following steps:
(a) select the required Product(s), including your required size, colour and quantity and add the Product(s) to the shopping basket;
(b) once you have finished shopping, select the checkout option;
(c) enter your personal details (being your name, billing and delivery address, contact details, and details of where you heard about us);
(d) select whether or not to register so as to avoid having to re-enter your details the next time you wish to purchase Products from us;
(e) select your mailing preferences;
(g) check your details on the order summary page; and
(h) place your order and be directed to the secure Sage Pay website to enter your card details for payment.
11. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to check your order at each page of the order process.
12. After you place an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in paragraph 13.
13. We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an email that the Products have been dispatched ("Dispatch Confirmation"). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send the Dispatch Confirmation.
14. If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because of an error in the price on our site as referred to in paragraph 39, we will inform you of this by telephone or email and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
Our Right to Vary These Terms
15. We may revise these Terms from time to time in the following circumstances:
(a) changes in how we accept payment from you; or
(b) changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
16. Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at that time will apply to the Contract between you and us.
17. Whenever we revise these Terms in accordance with paragraph 15, we will keep you informed and give you notice of this by stating that these Terms have been amended and the relevant date at the beginning of these Terms.
Your Cancellation and Refund Rights under the Distance Selling Regulations
Please note that in addition to this legal right to cancel a Contract, Country Collection offers its own returns policy which is described in paragraphs 25 to 28 below.
18. You have a legal right to cancel a Contract (under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000) during the period set out below in paragraph 20. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you do not want to keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract under these regulations is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
19. However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of any made-to-measure Products such as our alteration service.
20. Your legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation, which is when the Contract between us is formed. If the Products have already been delivered to you, you have a period of seven working days in which you may cancel, starting from the day after the day you receive the Products. Working days means that Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays are not included in this period.
21. To cancel a Contract, you must contact us in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a letter to Country Collection, Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1TN.
22. You will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the Products and any applicable delivery charges you paid for. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case within 30 calendar days of the day on which you gave us notice of cancellation as described in paragraph 21. However, if you have returned Products to us because they are faulty or not as described, we will refund the price of the defective Product in full, any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us. We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay.
23. If the Products were delivered to you:
(a) you must return the Products to us as soon as reasonably practicable;
(b) unless the Products are faulty or not as described, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us; and
(c) you have a legal obligation to keep the Products in your possession and to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession.
24. Details of your legal right to cancel and an explanation of how to exercise it are provided in the Dispatch Confirmation.
Country Collection's Additional Returns Policy
Please note that this return policy is in addition to the legal rights you have to cancel any Contract which we describe in paragraphs 18 to 24 and your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
25. Country Collection supplies quality, timeless classics. If, at any time during its lifetime, an issue arises with the product and it falls short of these standards or it is not working or lasting as it should, please return it for an exchange or immediate refund in full.
26. If we delivered the Product via Royal Mail you can use the postage-paid returns label which was included with the Product when we delivered it to you. For large Products we can arrange for a courier to collect the Product from you at no cost to you.
27. If you are returning all Products which were purchased under an order, we will also provide a refund of the delivery charges that you paid in relation to that order.
28. We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay for the Products.
29. We will endeavour to fulfil your order as soon as possible. If we expect delivery to take longer than usual (for example, if the Product you have ordered is not currently in stock) we will call or e-mail you to advise you of the expected delivery date. If the expected delivery date is not to your satisfaction you may cancel the order.
30. Delivery will be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us. If no one is available at your address to take delivery of Products which cannot be posted through your letter-box, Royal Mail or our courier will leave you a note explaining that they tried to deliver the Products and which contains details of how to rearrange delivery or collect the Products from the post office or from the courier.
31. The Products will be your responsibility from the completion of delivery.
32. You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
33. If you order Products from our site for delivery to a destination outside the UK, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
34. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
Price of Products and Delivery Charges
35. The prices of the Products will be as quoted on our site from time to time. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you ordered, please see paragraph 39 below for what happens in this event.
36. Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which we have confirmed with a Dispatch Confirmation.
37. The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we may adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
38. The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as quoted on our site from time to time. To check relevant delivery charges, please refer to our Delivery Times and Charges page.
39. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Products you have ordered we will inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancel your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a pricing error, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
How to Pay
40. You can only pay for Products using a debit card or credit card. We accept the following cards MasterCard, Visa, JCB, Diners, American Express and Maestro.
41. Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is on despatch of goods.
42. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract.
43. We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Products for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
44. We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
(d) any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
(e) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
45. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An "Event Outside Our Control" means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
46. If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
(a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
(b) out obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
Communications Between Us
47. If you wish to contact us in writing, or if any clause in these Terms requires you to give us notice in writing, you can send this to us by email or by pre-paid post to Country Collection at email@example.com or Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria. We will confirm receipt of this by contacting you in writing. If you are exercising your right to cancel under paragraph 18, please refer to paragraph 21 for how to tell us this.
48. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by email or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
Other Important Terms
49. We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
50. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
51. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
52. These Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact us at Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1TN .
1st November 2021 Date of next review November 2022
WCF Ltd, Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1TN (trading as Country Collection) ("We", "the Company", “Country Collection”) are committed to protecting and respecting the confidentiality, integrity and security of the personal information we hold about each past or present customer, enquirer or visitor to our website ("you", "your").
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us, and how we comply with our responsibilities under applicable data protection laws ("Data Protection Laws"). Please read this policy carefully and if you have any questions or concerns please contact us using the information below.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Laws, the data controller of your personal information is WCF Ltd, Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1TN.
Personal data collection
We only hold personal data about you which you have provided to us or to one of our authorised data processors or has been collected via social media metadata.
Categories of personal data we may collect and hold
We may collect the following information from our customers:
Purposes for which your personal data is used
We will use the personal data which you provide to us for the following purposes:-
Legal basis for Processing
In processing customer data WCF relies on the following legal bases:
We may process customer data on more than one legal basis. Please contact us if you need details as to which legal ground we are relying on to process any specific item of personal data.
Where we rely on consent to send marketing communications, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our customer services department or updating your marketing preferences online.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us, but we will notify you at the time.
Disclosure of your personal data
We will not disclose personal information we hold about you to any third party except as set out below.
We may disclose personal data to third parties who are providing services to us, in particular to the IT companies that support our order processing and ecommerce systems, to the mailing houses and postal services that distribute our catalogues and products and to payment processors for the purposes of order payments and refunds. We also regularly de-dupe our customer databases against the Mail Preference Service and register of deceased and gone aways to ensure that our database is as accurate as it can be and that we are not mailing those customers who do not wish to be contacted. Where we have obtained your consent, we may also share your data with data co-operatives to understand your buying habits and provide you with the opportunity to receive postal mailings from third parties which we think will be of interest to you.
We may also disclose personal data we hold to third parties:
(a) in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose personal data we hold to the prospective buyer of such business or assets; and/or
(b) if we are permitted by law to disclose your personal data to that third party or are under a legal obligation to disclose your personal data to that third party.
Updating your marketing preferences
We have no desire to contact those customers or enquirers who do not wish to receive marketing correspondence from ourselves or carefully selected third parties. We rely on freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous statements which signify your agreement to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes.
If you wish to change your marketing preferences, there are various ways in which you can do this:
We share, swap, sell and purchase data with non-competitive trusted third-party retailers by using data co-operatives. This allows us to target our marketing to those customers who are likely to be the most responsive. Before sharing any customer data or before using any customer data acquired via a data co-operative, we would ensure that the data co-operative has undertaken appropriate due diligence to ensure that any data we send or receive for the purposes of marketing is compliant under the data protection laws.
We also share data with a small number of registered UK charities for a small fee.
Your data is only shared where you have not opted out of receiving carefully selected postal mailings from third parties and you have not opted out of direct mail via the Mail Preference Service. If you do not wish to receive postal communications from carefully selected third parties, you should update your marketing preferences using one of the ways outlined above in this Policy.
Where we purchase customer data from other trusted third-party retailers for the purposes of one-off mailings, the data is deleted once the mailing has been completed unless the individual places an order and becomes a WCF customer.
Access and other rights
You may request to see the personal information we hold about you either digitally or on file at any point by making a request in writing to us via The Company Secretary, WCF Ltd, Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1TN or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. This request will be responded to within 30 working days. You will be provided with a copy of the personal information we hold about you. If we require more time to respond fully to any request, we will notify you in writing within the 30-day period referred to. Any additional copies of any information we provide to you may be subject to a reasonable fee.
You also have other rights under Data Protection Laws in relation to your personal data. In particular, you may have (i) the right to request that we rectify or erase information we hold about you in certain circumstances, (ii) the right to ask us to limit our processing of your information, (iii) the right (if we are processing information based on your consent, such as for marketing purposes) to withdraw your consent, (iv) the right to object to certain processing of your information (including the right to object to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time), (v) the right to ask us to move, copy or transfer your personal information to another organisation.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via the Company Secretary at Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1TN or via email on email@example.com.
Accuracy of personal data
We try to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and kept up-to-date and may ask you to re-confirm certain information when you place an order. However, if at any time you believe that any information we are holding about you is inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete, please notify us in writing via Customer Services, WCF Home Shopping, Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1TN, by calling 0330 024 1940 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct or delete any information found to be incorrect.
We have put in place what we consider to be appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorised processing of the personal data we hold about you, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, such personal data.
Transferring personal data outside the EEA
Except if appropriate safeguards are in place that are in accordance with applicable law (including Articles 44 to 50 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679), we will not transfer any personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA") or to a person based outside the EEA. Such safeguards may include us or one of our data processors entering into EU Standard Contractual Clauses (or their equivalent in the UK) with a third party outside the EEA to whom personal information is being transferred. Further information about the safeguards we may apply can be obtained by contacting the Company Secretary at WCF Ltd, Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1TN or via email on email@example.com.
Those customers living overseas should note that postal address information will be shared with the postal services to allow catalogues and parcels to be delivered.
Retention of data
We are committed to ensuring that we do not retain personal data for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained. As we operate a no time limit product return guarantee, we hold order information indefinitely to enable us to fulfil this customer services promise. We also retain your marketing preferences in the event that your account is re-activated if you respond to an advertisement or marketing piece. Credit card tokens are held until expiry of the credit card.
You can update your marketing preferences at any time by using one of the methods outlined above.
Third Party Links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Changes to this policy
If you have any queries about this policy or your personal data, or you wish to submit an access request or raise a complaint about the way your personal data has been handled, please do so in writing and address this to the Company Secretary, WCF Ltd, Crawhall, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1TN or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our response to any queries or complaints you raise with us or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws you have the right to lodge a complaint at the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/).
When you place orders they are recorded on our secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.